Cross the river
It’s rumoured that the following riddle is used to asked during job interviews in Japan:
The rules are fairly easy. A mother, a father, two girls, two boys, a policeman and a convict are to cross the river with a boat. The conditions are:
- The convict cannot be alone with any member of the family without the policeman.
- The father cannot be with the daugther(s) if the mother is not there.
- The mother cannot be with the boy(s) if the father is not there.
- Only the father, the mother and the policeman know how to sail the boat (so one of them should be on the boat on each crossing)
- The boat holds at most 2 people.
Well, I have no intention to test your IQ. Rather, you’ll have a chance to test how careless you are. To go to the flash page click here.